* Enrolled in an elementary or high school within the Whiting city limits
You can also get a free library card if you are:
* A non-resident (or property owner) in a Library District that participates in the Indiana State-Wide Reciprocal Borrowing Program. You must bring your "home" library card when you sign-up for a Whiting Library Card
What you need to bring with you:
* Proof of residence, paid tax receipt, or enrollment in a Whiting school is required at the time you apply for a library card.
* Photo identification is also required.
CHILDREN'S LIBRARY CARDS
* The same rules apply for acquiring a child's card as for an adult.
* Children's cards are issued to anyone from birth through 8th grade.
* A parent or guardian's signature is required for all children's library cards.
* The child's parent or guardian is responsible for the selection of materials and charges for overdue, lost, or damaged items.
YOUNG ADULT LIBRARY CARDS
* Young adult cards are issued from grade 9 through grade 12 in the Adult Department.
LOST LIBRARY CARDS
* Your library card must be presented to check out material.NO EXCEPTIONS. There is a $2.00 replacement fee for lost or stolen cards.
Other Library Card Options:
Fee-Based (PLAC) cards
* Please inquire at the adult circulation desk for details and fees.